This is an idea I had for an update called The Very Nasty Booby Trap Update.Edit
- Added Popping-Up Spikes. Crafted by placing two iron ingots on top of a lever, Popping-Up Spikes are placed underneath any block. When they recieve a redstone signal, the Spikes shoot out of the block, and they inflict 1/2 heart of damage per 2 ticks, and slow anyone who walks on them.
- Added Nightmare Spikes. Crafted by placing a diamond and a redstone dust with a Popping-Up Spikes in the crafting grid, these spikes deal 1 and 1/2 hearts of damage per 2 ticks, instead of the normal amount, but they also give the Weakness II potion effect to what they stab.
- Added Quartz Shockers. Crafted by placing 8 quartz in a U around a redstone dust, this yeilds 16 Quartz Shockers. When placed on top of a block, they are invisible until someone steps on that block. The Quartz Shocker is then expended, and the someone takes 2 and 1/2 hearts of unblockable damage.
- Added Pit Covers. Crafted by placing three slabs of something in a row, on a crafting bench, this will yield two Pit Covers of that block type. They look exactly like normal half slabs when placed, but when walked on, they break and drop whoever stepped on them into whatever you placed underneath.
- Added Chest Mimic. Can only be obtained in creative mode or in a dungeon. When placed, it looks exactly like a normal chest, except when opened. It then explodes, not destroying blocks, but it tends to be lethal at close range, without chainmail armor level.
- Added Shover. This is crafted using two pistons on top of each other in a crafting grid. When powered, it shoves the block it is behind, and that block will continue moving until it lands on another block.
- Added Zombie Defense. Found only in creative mode or in dungeons, this can be placed underneath any block. When powered, the Defense will unleash 5 Zombies on top of the block, then the Defense will be destroyed. The Defense looks like an ordinary diamond block.
- Added Null Bomb. This, when thrown, creates an explosion that only destoys redstone dust. It can be crafted using one 8 redstone in a crafting bench, surrounding an obsdidian block. This crafting recipie yields 4 Null Bombs.
- Added Red Berry Bush. Found rarely in the wild in slime-spawning chunks, the Bush can be broken and brought back to the players base. Once every 10 minutes, (5 if on farmland) it sprouts berries. It can then be right-clicked to harvest 1-4 berries, and rarely a Red Berry Sapling. After 12-20 harvests, the Bush dies. When planted, a Red Berry Sapling can grow to fruition in 20 minutes (10 if on farmland), and will become a Bush fully grown. Bonemeal has no effect with this plant. A Red Berry can be eaten for 1/2 of a chicken leg, or it can be smelted for 1 redstone dust.
- Added White Berry Bush. Found rarely in the wild in Flower Forest biomes, the Bush can be broken and brought back to the players base. Once every 12 minutes, (6 if on farmland) it sprouts berries. It can then be right-clicked to harvest 1-3 berries, and rarely a White Berry Sapling. After 10-18 harvests, the Bush dies. When planted, a White Berry Sapling can grow to fruition in 24 minutes (12 if on farmland), and will become a Bush fully grown. Just like with the Red Berry Bush, bonemeal has no effect with this plant. A White Berry can be eaten for a slight boost in saturation, or it can be smelted for 1 quartz.
- Added Blue Berry Bush. Found rarely in the wild in Jungle biomes, the Bush can be collected with shears only and brought back to the players base. Once every 16 minutes, (8 if on farmland) it sprouts berries. It can then be right-clicked to harvest 1-3 berries, and rarely a Blue Berry Sapling. After 8-16 harvests, the Bush dies. When planted, a Blue Berry Sapling can grow to fruition in 28 minutes (14 if on farmland), and will become a Bush fully grown. Unlike the other bushes, bonemeal can be used to decrease the growing time of the berries by 1 minute. A Blue Berry can be eaten to recieve Strength I for 16 seconds, or smelted to obtain one Lapis Lazuli.
- Added Purple Berry Bush. Created only by combining a sapling from each different bush in a crafting table with a diamond, this will give a Purple Berry Sapling. When planted, a Purple Berry Sapling can grow to fruition in 60 minutes (30 if on farmland), and will become a Bush fully grown. Bonemeal has no effect on this bush. Once every 30 minutes, (15 if on farmland) the Bush will sprout berries. It can then be right-clicked for 1-2 Purple Berries. These Purple Berries can be eaten to recieve Poison I for 32 seconds, or can be smelted into Acidic Esssence.
- Added Acidic Essence. This can be obtained by smelting Purple Berries, or as a dungeon reward. Placing 8 of these in a ring in a crafting bench around a bucket will give an Acid Bucket. Acid is a new fluid that evaporates upon contact with water or lava. A mob in Acid will take a half heart of damage every 3 ticks. Endermen, however, actually regenerate health at the same rate while in acid, and when Endermen's health are low, they will actively attempt to do so if there is Acid in the area. Rarely, natural underground springs of Acid can be found in Extreme Hills biomes.
- Added Flame Jet. Crafted in a crafting bench by surrounding a Lapis Lazuli block with fire charges or flint and steels, a Flame Jet can fire jets of flame when powered with redstone. The jet can pass through up to one block.
- Added Hydralic Grapple Trap. Crafted by placing 4 iron ingots in a crafting bench in the corners, and then placing 1 gunpowder in the middle, this can be placed in a dispenser. When the dispenser is powered, the Grapple Trap will fire out and grab the mob or block it hits. It will then be pulled to the dispenser. The Grapple Trap has 10 durability. It cannot pass through blocks.
- Added Hexxit Shard. Crafted by surrounding a diamond block in a crafting table with gunpowder at the sides and redstone at the corners, this yeilds 32 Hexxit Tiles. They can be used for more advanced crafting recipies.
- Added Tesla Missle. Crafted by placing 5 arrows in a crafting bench with a Hexxit Shard, this will yeild 3 Tesla Missles. When fired from a dispenser, it will fire like an arrow, but it will deal 8 hearts of damage to whatever it hits, and what it hits will recieve slowness IV for 16 seconds.
- Added Tesla Shell. Crafted by placing 8 Tesla Missles in a crafting bench with a Hexxit Shard, this will yield 3 Tesla Shells. A Tesla Shell will fire from a dispenser like a grenade, destroying no blocks. It will also cause what it hits to recieve slowness effect depending on how close it was from detonation.
- Added Tesla Explosive. Crafted by surrounding a block of TNT in a crafting bench with Tesla Shells, this block will explode 3 times as powerful as TNT, but will destroy no blocks. Whatever it hits will recieve Slowness IX and Weakness IV regardless of proximity to the explosion epicenter.
- Added Taser. Found rarely as a dungeon reward, it can also be obtained in creative mode. It fires a projectile that does no damage, but whatever it hits recieves Slowness X for 16 seconds. Each shot requires a Taser Cartlige, which only stack to 4. Taser Cartliges can only be found in dungeons or creative mode. Also, Dispensers can fire Taser Cartliges.
- Added Gas Vent. This can be attached to any block, where it will be invisible. But when the block is powered, the Gas Vent will send out a 3-block out burst of gas, which will make whatever it hits recieve Poison II and Weakness I for 32 seconds. Found only on creative mode.
- Added Floodgate. This block looks like iron bars, but when a block it is attached to is powered, the Floodgate will allow fluids to pass through it. Crafted by placing 8 iron bars around one redstone dust, this will yield 4 Floodgates.
- Added Void Trap. Crafted by surrounding a Hexxit Shard in a crafting bench with Lapis Lazuli, this will yield 2 Void Traps. These traps are invisible, and can be placed on any half block. When the half block is stepped on, the mob or player will be sent falling through 10 blocks. This can result in suffocation, fallling into a cave or lava or water, or falling into the void. The Void Trap has only five uses.
- Added Trap Repair enchantment. Only giveable to traps with durability, this will cause said trap to gain 1 durability over a one day-night cycle period. Only abvaible in levels I and II. Each level will cause said trap to gain 1 durability over a day-night cycle. In total, a trap could gain 2 durability per day and night.
- Added Smoke Jet. Crafted in a crafting bench by surrounding a Lapis Lazuli block with ink sacs in the corners and redstone dust in the sides, this crafting recipie yeilds 2 Smoke Jets. A Smoke Jet, when powered, can fire a blast of smoke through up to one block, and it can travel up to 5 blocks. Surrounding a crafted Smoke Jet with ink sacs creates a Smoke Jet Mk. II, which can fire smoke up to 10 blocks away. Both of these Smoke Jets have only 20 durability.
- Added Chisel. Crafted:
- Material Stick Material
- A Chisel has durability equal to half the durabilty of a pickaxe of the same material level.
- Added Chiseling Table. Crafted by placing a cobblestone in each of the bottom corners of a crafting bench and a wooden plank block in the middle space. Once placed, you can only break it with an axe. Placing a stone block above this allows you to chesel it with runes.
Why not add lava that when it flow it will place lit TNT in its path it would make a mega trollie object and in can only be found under a nether stronghold
About Chiseling and Rune Magic.Edit
You can find special sheets of paper which have glowing symbols written on them in dungeons, strongholds, and nether fortesses. These sheets of paper are called Rune Templates. Each one has an element assigned to it. The basic Rune Templates can be Ignis (Fire), Aqua (Water), Geo (Earth), Fleche (Air), Photos (Light), Daake (Darkness), and the rarest, Silyia (Life).
Crafting a wooden chisel with a book will give a Rune Collection. A Rune Collection acts as a holdable chest that can store an infinite number of Rune Blocks or templates.
Once you place a stone block above the cheseling table, you must set a Chisel to what type of rune you want to carve. Do this by crafting it with a Rune Template of any sort, except Silyia, which can only be used with a gold chisel.
You will not lose the Template you use. Once you have set the chisel, right click on a stone block above a chiseling table. The chisel will then be unset, and the block will become a Rune Block of that type.
By using an iron pickaxe or higher to mine a Rune Block, you will obtain a Rune Template of that type. Stone pickaxes can still obtain the Rune Block itself.
There is a way to combine to basic runes into a more powerful rune. By placing two or more Rune Blocks next to a chiseling table, on the sides, and then using a blank chisel on the stone block, you will attempt to combine the two runes into a new one. Faliure causes an explosion.
- Ignis + Fleche + Silyia = Automata or Redstone
- Fleche + Fleche + Photos = Tempestus or Weather
- Photos + Daake = Shaydo or Shadow
- Ignis + Ignis + Geo = Moltar or Lava
- Ignis + Aqua + Geo + Fleche = Fae or Arcane
- Fae + Automata = Exmachi or Duplication
- Geo + Geo + Aqua = Mettalum or Iron
- Mettalum + Automata = Godoma or Golems